Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is PVD coating? Is it the same thing as thin-film deposition? And what about DLC and CVD?
Thin-film deposition is often referred to as “PVD coating,” but in fact, PVD is only one of several processes that are used in thin-film deposition systems. Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) is another process of applying thin-film coatings. DLC is an extremely durable Diamond-Like Carbon coating type that is created via PE-CVD (plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition) process. Regardless of the type of thin-film coating, the process makes parts and products more functional, durable, and beautiful.
2. Who should use thin-film coatings?
3. Will my product benefit from thin-film coatings?
4. Which coatings would enhance my product?
5. Our company is a smaller manufacturer, do your systems scale for different applications?
6. Is it hard to integrate coating systems into my operation?
7. Can I coat plastics with VaporTech deposition systems?
8. Can thin-film deposition create chrome finishes?
9. How does thin-film deposition affect the bottom line?
10. Can I create black coatings?
Where do you want to go next?
The perfect finish
VaporTech custom coatings increase product value and profits.
Get answers from a VaporTech specialist.