VaporTech PVD Coating Machines (with PE-CVD/DLC Capability)
Vapor Technologies (VaporTech™) manufactures physical vapor deposition (PVD) machines to benefit companies of all sizes in various industries. Our PVD and PE-CVD—for diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating—systems enable you to coat products in-house for just pennies per part, freeing you from high third-party coating costs and production delays.
PVD Coating Equipment Flexibility
Achieve superior functional, durable decorative, or DLC coatings with equipment from VaporTech. Our PVD and PE-CVD machines deposit coatings that enhance your products’ look feel, function, and durability—without affecting critical dimensions or performance. These aren’t merely metal layers though, they are compound materials that can be customized to be harder than case-hardened steel, more scratch-resistant than hard chrome, and range from a rich black to a wide choice of beautiful colors.
VaporTech PVD & PE-CVD Coating Equipment
Engineered to maximize product value and your ROI
VaporTech offers a range of PVD and PE-CVD machines designed for everything from high-volume, large-scale manufacturing to small-batch operations. Check out our new VT-i™ series of right-sized, competitively priced systems. When you purchase a PVD coating machine from VaporTech, you not only receive quality products but custom coating development, professional customer care, technical support, and even employee training.
The Versatility You Need
Which One of Our PVD Machines Is Right for You?
The VaporTech VT-i Series™ of PVD coating machines utilizes a unique, centrally mounted coating source with parts that rotate around the perimeter of a large, actively cooled chamber. Some of the systems are now available with up to two additional magnetron sputtering sources as well. The equipment is available in a wide range of capacities, all with a small footprint for easy integration.
- Multiple system sizes right-sized and competitively priced for low as well as high and medium-volume manufacturing.
- Excellent color uniformity throughout the chamber for appealing coatings in decorative applications.
- Even coating deposition rates throughout the chamber for excellent control of coating thickness.
- Some of the lowest coating temperatures in the industry, suitable for both metal and plastic parts.
- Able to coat large parts up to 122 cm (48 inches) long.
VaporTech’s Cadence™ magnetron sputtering system excels at quickly depositing functional coatings that significantly improve wear and heat resistance, reduce friction, and increase the life of many industrial and consumer products. Ask us about TiN and CrN coating capability (as well as DLC).
- High deposition rates shorten coating times for functional applications
- Multiple coating sources can further increase deposition rates or deposit composite materials.
- Patented VaporTech RAAMS™ technology, a high-energy process that significantly improves coating structure, hardness, and wear-resistance compared to traditional sputtering systems.
- Compact system is easy for smaller manufacturers to use and maintain.
- The perfect machine for titanium nitride (TiN), Chrome nitride (CrN), and diamond-like carbon (DLC) coatings.
Our easy-to-operate small to mid-sized lower-temperature thin film coating system.
Our higher-capacity lower-temperature thin film coating system. For those who don’t quite need the 3000i.
Our highest-capacity lower-temperature thin film coating system.
Our most compact, easiest-to-use, and fastest thin-film coating units for functional, CrN, TiN, and DLC applications.
DID YOU KNOW?
A typical VaporTech durable
decorative coating is less than
the thickness of a human hair, keeping
blades sharp and other product features intact.
Where do you want to go next?
Coating development, system integration, training & support.
Get answers from a VaporTech specialist.